Tabletop RPG and clone Corruption switches to the familiar Player's Handbook, Gamesmaster's Guide and Monsters approach.
The content focuses on challenge-based gameplay and step-by-step support for adventure - and campaign-building. It also sets out options for rapidly shaping gameplay to offer gritty and/ or grimy heroic adventures - with a comic book 'dark' flavour. This is supported by:
- extra 'dark' or threatening races, monsters, classes and treasures.
- gritty campaign challenges.
- practical resources for adding a twist of evil to any campaign.
The new version uses fresh colour images and slots in new gameplay options. That includes extra classes, additional monsters and expanded worldbuilding.
Corruption now acts as a set of OSR resource booklets, so if you’re not looking for a system you can just grab the monsters or the campaign building. Everything plugs straight into most other Old School systems.
The following list of features outlines some of the options and content we've included in Corruption - without treading on the toes of the original rules!
- Sticks to 1d20.
- Defaults to full rounds combining moving, missile attacks, spellcasting and h2h attacks.
- Optional Old School-friendly skills system.
- Optional rules encourage gritty and grimy gameplay using heroic characters.
- Challenge-focused gameplay.
- Classic and challenge-based experience (XP) options.
- Highly compatible with Old School/ OSR games.
- Content drawn from across the full range of System Reference Documents (SRDs).
- Easy switching between Original Game compatibility and Corruption.
- A dusting of new tricks for older classes, such as Assassins, Bards and Monks.
- New classes, monsters, spells and items, including a selection of monster classes.
- Support for rapid adventure- and campaign-building.
- Guidelines on priming and sharing expectations during play.
- Guidelines on adding a twist of evil to any game.
- A combination of print and tablet-friendly PDF layout.
- Word/ OpenOffice class templates and quick start PC sheets included.