The Exit Isolationist recipe so far with most of the original ingredients:
• Tell everyone economic collapse is because of our allies in Europe.
• Tell everyone economic collapse is due to a few refugees.
• Attack expertise aka hard earned experience.
• Bundle scientists in with think tanks, pollsters and columnists.
• Put far right politicians on mainstream media at every opportunity.
• Pester everyone over the threat presented by child refugees.
• Create the impression of an overwhelming number of refugees.
• Use Nazi-style propaganda campaigns to up the fear factor.
• Use meaningless polls and samples to present fake ‘evidence’.
• Claim to be taking back control without a plan to take control.
• Insist it’s good to lie - other people lie, so you’re ‘fighting back’.
• Boast about lying, taunting and bullying.
• Label concerns over the loss of billions as negative thinking.
• Sketch vague alternatives without ever explaining the outcomes.
• Disregard shifting public opinion as the lies unravel.
Is it not maybe time to sit down with a nice cup of tea, shake our heads and come up with a plan that sets out to accommodate the wishes of most - without hurtling off an economic cliff along the way.