Corruption is an OSR aka Old School Renaissance tabletop roleplaying game system (RPG), which translates almost instantly to many familiar tabletop systems. The game remixes the rules of the world's most popular fantasy RPG - published by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson in 1974 - to appeal to new players, teenagers and young adults.
Even if you already have a rule set, Corruption contains a great deal of new, imaginative content that can be plugged straight into many other tabletop RPGs.
The content focuses on challenge-based gameplay and step-by-step support for adventure - and campaign-building. It also sets out options for rapidly shaping gameplay to offer gritty and/ or grimy heroic adventures - with a comic book 'dark' flavour. This is supported by:
- Extra 'dark' or threatening races, monsters, classes and treasures.
- Gritty campaign challenges.
- Practical resources for adding a twist of evil to any campaign.
The following list of features outlines some of the options and content we've included in Corruption - without treading on the toes of the original rules!
- Defaults to full rounds combining moving, missile attacks, spellcasting and h2h attacks.
- Optional Old School-friendly skills system.
- Optional rules encourage gritty and grimy gameplay using heroic characters.
- Challenge-focused gameplay.
- Classic and challenge-based experience (XP) options.
- Highly compatible with Old School/ OSR games.
- Content drawn from across the full range of System Reference Documents (SRDs).
- Easy switching between Original Game compatibility and Corruption.
- A dusting of new tricks for older classes, such as Assassins, Bards and Monks.
- New classes, monsters, spells and items, including a selection of monster classes.
- Support for rapid adventure- and campaign-building.
- Guidelines on priming and sharing expectations during play.
- Guidelines on adding a twist of evil to any game.
- A combination of print and tablet-friendly PDF layout.
- Word/ OpenOffice class templates and quick start PC sheets included.